Friday, March 19, 2010

Rep. Paul Ryan


I found a link somewhere to this video of Congressman Paul Ryan from Wisconsin. He so ably articulates many of the issues of concern over the national health care bills.

I can't find the source of this video, but on youTube, there is a link to the US Committee on the Budget website, of which Rep. Ryan is ranking member. I did not however see this video on that website.

The link I originally followed led me to the Health Reform Scam website, where I viewed the video. I've not read too much of their information, but they appear to have a very comprehensive collection of information on this issue. From the Health Reform Scam "about" page,
There is no question that America needs health care reform. The problem is that President Obama and his colleagues in Congress are going about it in the wrong way. Their so-called “reforms” amount to a government takeover of our health care system. Experiences in countries like Canada and Britian show that government-run health care leads to higher cost, lower quality, and reduced access.
On a different note, the man behind Rep. Ryan starting at about 30 seconds, the one with the Band-aid on his forehead, is a bit of a distraction from the message Rep. Ryan is delivering. It appears at one point that he is about to be ill. I don't know who he is, but I can't help but feel bad for him. The other man who is shown on the video when the recording shifts to the other angle sits so nice and still. One gets the impression he is well aware that his actions will be splatted across the internet in short order.

My theory on Mr. Band-aid, he is either a speech writer or an aid to Rep. Ryan, who has listened to the speech a few times. He appears to be reciting the speech inwardly and inadvertently letting facial gestures slip out unawares. That combined with his lunch, which is not sitting quite right.

2 comments:

madhenmom said...

I've been a big fan of Congressman Ryan for quite awhile. I'd been hoping he would run against Feingold for Senate, but Ryan doesn't want to lose his position in the House.

Ryan's been the Republican 'go-to' guy during the health care proceedings. Especially this last month. I think we'll be seeing quite a bit of him in the future.

I wouldn't be surprised if he'd be the Republican VP running mate for the next election. (I know Palin has mentioned that she's impressed with him.)

wv: defablem - When people have to start waiting months for their doctor appointments, it will finally defablem of the notion that the health care overhaul was a good thing.

theMom said...

Ooh, Char, good wv pun. And so to the point.