Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Two are better than one

September 30, 1989
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12,
Two are better than one,
Because they have a good reward for their labor.
For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.
But woe to him who is alone when he falls,
For he has no one to help him up.
Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm;
But how can one be warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered by another,
two can withstand him.
And a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

Dear Joe,
You've had much through which to be patient and strong.
You're a rock when I need you.
You continue to teach me the richness of God's Grace to us through Jesus.
You remind me of God's Holy Law and of His Gospel promises.

I thank God for you this day and always. May God grant us many more years together.  May we serve each other as suitable helpers.  May we love each other, always submitting to each other in love, as Christ loves His Church.
In Jesus Name, Amen.

I'm going to link here to Joe's blog, too, since he posted a nice selection of photos from our wedding day.  

Oh, and thanks, too, Joe, for helping me get this cool cursive font available on my font.  

No comments: