Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Introducing Me and Mine

Hi, I'm Mary.

I don't really know why I am starting this, but I guess I just want to try something new. I am a stay at home mom and sometimes just want to say something "adult." And I guess I want to have a place to talk about my great family.

I am first and foremost a Christian woman. More specifically, I am a Confessional Lutheran. People sometimes ask what that means. I guess to me it means that not only do I attend a Lutheran church, but I also subscribe to the Lutheran Confessions as the true interpretation of God's Holy Word.

I remember promising to adhere to the Lutheran Confessions as a 13 year old confirmand. But with the exception of Luther's Small Catechism, I really did not know what the Confessions say. I am trying to learn more all the time and the more I learn, the more I see that those old guys who wrote the Confessions really were on to something. The more I learn the more it all seems to hold together.

Secondly, I am the wife for 18 years of my wonderful husband, Joe. He is a Lutheran pastor of four smallish congregations in NW Minnesota. Joe is also a Hebrew scholar and at one time was a third degree tae kwon do blackbelt. He still dabbles in self-defense things and we share a mutual interest in survival type stuff. One never knows when the grid will fail, right?

And last but not least, I am a mom of nine wonderful kids ranging in age from 3 months up to 14. I home school all but my oldest. Jeremy is attending a charter school in SW Minnesota and so is currently living with his paternal grandparents. He is in 9th grade.

I will not give a child by child intro at this point, but will introduce them a bit at a time as they engage in something amazing or embarrassing.

My 3 month old needs me now.

No comments: