Friday, December 21, 2007

A Stella Antic

I guess kids learn what they see. Stella is my two year old. I hope that she learned the following from my nearing adolescent daughters and not from me. Not that I want my daughters to react like this, but I know it happens; and I really don't like to think that I may act this same way. Keep in mind that Stella can not say her "f" sound so it comes out like an "h" instead.

Stella had been trying to set the table for breakfast and chose to put paper plates around. I had gathered them up and put them away on the closet shelf. She persisted in telling me we needed them until I showed her the cereal bowls and said, "How about these?" Stella gave a big resigned kind of sigh and said, "Oohhh, hine."

Clara, my almost eight year old, and I just looked at each other and cracked up. Probably not the best reaction either, but Stella's big sigh combined with her two year old pronunciation just ticked our fancy, I guess.

No comments: