Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Universal Two Year Old

Remember the teletubbies. Remember how they always said, "Again. Again. Againagainagain,"? (It's at about 2:32 in the following video, just on the off chance you want to hear it and on the second off chance you don't want to watch the entire thing.)



Well, I have a two year old. She has taken to hollering, with that same inflection, every time someone takes something away from her, "I do. I do. Idoidoido."

Puts me right back in the era of the teletubbies.

Gotta love that, huh?

Teletubbies has to have been one of the strangest TV shows made. If I recall correctly, one of the goals of the producers was to engage toddlers and even infants. Well guess what. I pulled up a couple of video clips in order to find one that had the "again," quote I was seeking and my toddler and infant were indeed engaged. I guess it works. Too bad getting my toddler and infant hooked on electronic audio/visual stimulus is not one of my child rearing goals.

If it were only that simple.

No comments: