Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Da-da-da-da Da Da

That title to this post is a trumpet fanfare, just in case any one didn't figure it out.

Some readers may know that I consider myself an aspiring writer.  I have many of stories and settings and characters rattling around in my brain waiting for me to have time and focus in order that they may eventually land on paper.

I have to pat myself on the back a bit, though, because I'm very tickled.  I've now officially been paid for my writing.


I had a blast doing it.  I feel kind of bad taking money for something I enjoyed doing.  But Joe has urged me to add up my expenses and time.  The compensation is adequate.   But nothing to feel guilty about.

I might add that I don't feel guilty enough to return the check.  It will help pay for a fair portion of the little summer vacation upon which we'll be embarking in a few days.

2 comments:

A Stafford said...

Congrats, Mary! It is nice once in a while to be recognized outside of the family unit for having accomplished something. I like knowing that somewhere on a dusty back corner shelf in the MSU library, there's a copy of my master's thesis--evidence that I once knew something and someone acknowledged it. :-)

Have fun on your trip, and hope you can splurge a bit with your library money!

theMom said...

Thanks Amy. It is fun to be recognized.

I can only imagine the time and effort that goes into a master's thesis. I don't think that's a kind of writing I'll ever be able to compete with. I lack the stick-to-it-iveness to accomplish something of that stature.