Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lots of nothing

I feel like I should write a post.  I have many thoughts and many posts rattling around in my brain, but they aren't coming together into any sensical form this morning.  But I can at least get a few updates written.

On the exercise front, I got rid of my exercise minutes ticker.  I really did finish it, but it wasn't important enough to me right now to update it.

I changed my miles to run ticker to indicate miles run by the end of summer.  I'm still plugging along, but much more slowly than I at first had wanted.

If anyone cares, I did have more quotes from the aforementioned book to post, but I'm tired of it.  Too many other things to spend my time on.   For those who are interested, the quotes are from Courage and Consequence by Karl Rove.  I will probably post a review on my Books blog when I finish it, but so far I'm only about 2/3 of the way done.  I've been reading lazy books lately and only picking up Rove's book once or twice a week.  I'm in the Iraq War part.  I find that reading it gets to be too much for me sometimes.  I don't enjoy re-living all the sadness of 9/11 and the later political fallout.  On the one hand, I want to just forge ahead and be done with the book; on the other hand, there are times I can't bring myself to pick it up.

The book is well written and often cracks me up.  It also often saddens me.  The world is very evil.  Rove includes a very extensive bibliography.  Anything a reader wants to check up on is cited.  The style of citation, however, is one to which I am not accustomed.  There are no foot note numbers.  But the various quotes are partially re-quoted in the back and then the full reference is given.

No comments: