Spicy Tuna and Polenta SaladIt was an amazing combination of textures and flavors. The flavors all complimented each other well, but I especially grooved on the textures. I liked the cold of the refrigerated hummus with the spice of the chips. The cream of the hummus with the slightly chewy bits of polenta. The crunch of the chips and lettuce, and the wetness of the tuna. This culinary adventure was a very stimulating tactile experience.
Heap your plate with
Top this with
- a bed of torn lettuce or greens of your choice
- a spoonful of crumbled polenta (this is really left over corn meal mush, but in a fancy-pants recipe, I have to call it polenta)
- several ounces of canned tuna
- a hearty blop of hummus
- a drizzle of vinegar and oil
- a handful of crumbled Lays Hot and Spicy Barbeque Stacks chips
As an interesting spellcheck tidbit, my blogger spellcheck can only recommend one alternative for what they think is wrong with the word polenta: tadpole. Please do not put tadpoles on your salad. I can't be held responsible.
Hot and Sweet Icecream Combo
Top your favorite vanilla ice cream with a generous sprinkling of chocolate chips and peanuts, but don't forget to include a spoonful of spicy pepper jelly. Mmmmm.