Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Misty Moisty Weekend

en·nui 

–noun
a feeling of utter weariness and discontent resulting from satiety or lack of interest; boredom.
I don't really have anything earth shattering to say; the rain has dampened my senses.

But they say that one must write on a blog if one wants to keep one's readers interested.  I don't really know how writing the nonsensical fruits of ennui will maintain the interest of a intellectual and witty readership such as mine.

I suppose we could start a nursery rhyme theme.  I will pick a nursery rhyme and make it fit the news of the day. 
It's been a misty, moisty weekend and rainy is the weather;
I'd like to see some sunshine, but I guess the Lord knows better.
The grass and trees are greening up;
The weeds are going nuts.
I sit inside and think that I will not take any walks.
Can you compete?  Or have your wits been similarly dampened?

Perhaps if you live in a substantially less damp clime, your wits have been made sere rather than dampened?

No comments: