Sunday, May 23, 2010

Take no thought for the morrow...

It has been said that the number one cause of maternal stress is small families.  I can see how this would work.  When I just had a few kids, I thought I could take care of them.  Now I have to rely on God 100%.  I'm lucky to get through a day, let alone manage things within that day.

There are times the reality of raising a large family hits me harder than others.  I'm making preparations for my third child's confirmation next weekend.

In case anyone wonders why I don't do big confirmation parties....

2007 Jeremy Confirmation
2008 Matt Confirmation
2010 Louisa Confirmation
2011 Jeremy Graduation
2012 Elsie confirmation
2013 Matt Graduation
2014 Louisa Graduation, Clara Confirmation
2015 year off
2016 Elsie Graduation, Sophie Confirmation
2017 year off
2018 Clara Graduation, John Confirmation
2019 year off
2020 Sophie Graduation, Stella Confirmation
2021 year off
2022 John Graduation, Donna Confirmation
2023 year off
2024 Stella Graduation, Inge Confirmation
2025 year off
2026 Donna Graduation
2027 year off
2028 Inge Graduation

Now yes, this is ridiculous to worry this far ahead.  There are two Bible passages that seem to fit.

Matthew 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
and
James 4:13-15
Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." 
I pray God is willing my kids should see these landmarks.  But it is really presumptuous of me to plan this far ahead. 

That said, you older kids, you see those blank years?  Those are the years that are open for weddings.  You see what I'm saying...

No comments: