1 lb bacon, diced
3 tbs GF whipping cream
3 tbs bacon grease
2 lbs GF spaghetti
1/3 c freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 c freshly grated Asiago cheese
- Fry bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towel and set aside. Reserve 3 tbs for the pasta. (A nice accompaniment to this recipe is a wilted lettuce salad, since you will have extra bacon grease.)
- Cook pasta according to package directions; I always add a bit of olive oil to the cooking water to help reduce sticking. Gluten free spaghetti in this volume seems to have an extreme tendency to get stuck into a big lump as it cooks. I always check and stir it frequently, and come prepared with a fork and table knife handy to start separating the clumps as they cook.
- In a small dish, beat the eggs gently with a wisk. Stir in cream. Set aside.
- When pasta is nearly done cooking, drain and rinse with cold water. Return to cooking pot with a small amount of fresh water, just a skim of liquid on the bottom, 1/8" or so. Stir in the bacon grease. Cover and put on medium high heat. Your goal here is to create a quick steam that will reheat the pasta without it over-cooking.
- When pasta is hot and steamy, stir in the egg and cream mixture, and cook until egg cream mixture is slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cheeses and bacon.