I make everything in bulk, so this will be a big batch, maybe about 4-5 qts.
- 1 1/2 lbs pasta, cooked in salted water, then cooled in several changes of cold water and drained well.
- 1 large (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 large (12 oz) cans tuna, drained
- 1 can medium olives, drained
- 1 medium onion, diced, or halved and cut into thin slices
- 2-4 c fresh vegetables of your choice, I used wax beans and broccoli
- 1 c cream (if you use processed cream check the label, if you're making it GF)
- 1 c coarsely grated or cubed cheese of choice
- a handful of pepperoni slices cut into strips
- a generous handful of basil leaves (leaves off three medium stalks, maybe a fluffy cupful before cutting), cut into thin strips
Mix the above together. Stir into cooled and drained pasta. Serve.
If you want a little more pizzazz, add a little salt and pepper, or your favorite mixed seasoning salt. Some people might have found it a little bland, but I liked that the tastes and textures were so fresh and simple.