Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Learning to forgive

Inge and Donna both have the flu.  Not the stomach variety, but the influenza.  The fever, aches, chest congestion, painful cough. 

Inge:  I don't want to play Outburst Junior.  It's not fun for me. 
Donna:  I won't play with you if you don't play with me first.
Inge:  Weeeeelllll, we could go outside first and then decide.
Donna:  Ok.  Well, no, I'm too tired to go outside.
Inge:  I remember last, last, last year when you locked me outside in the winter.
theMom jumps in:  You shouldn't remember things like that.  You need to forgive Donna, and then don't think about it anymore.
Donna:  You can't forget things you try to.  The more you try to forget, the more you remember.
theMom:  But you can forgive, so that it doesn't feel so angry in your heart.
Inge:  Maybe that's why my head and throat hurt so much.

No comments: