Monday, September 7, 2009

Senator Tom Coburn

My sister, Aimee, and her family live in Oklahoma, so I always perk up my ears a bit more when I hear of someone who hails from her area or of some pithy news item that might have grabbed her local interest.

For that reason, I've kind of been a Sen. Coburn fan for a while now. Not that my sister living in Oklahoma makes Sen. Coburn great, but that because Aimee lives in Oklahoma, I probably paid more attention to Sen. Coburn, and therefore was aware of his ideas earlier than I would have been otherwise.

In this video clip from one of his Town Hall meetings, he touches on all the main troubles with National healthcare. Economically, it just won't work. Politically, the constitution nowhere allows the federal government to provide health care to its citizens. And providing a citizenry with health care is not an example of true compassion.

But Sen. Coburn says this so well. Give it a view.

No comments: