Friday, March 28, 2014

Slow two weeks' start on my weight goals

Here I was, all excited (or almost excited) about this biggest loser thing I joined.  I confess it's a bit frustrating to have two weeks of higher numbers on the scale.  I don't really diet.  Or at least I"m not so far.  But I have been watching my portion sizes, doing without dessert at all the church dinners, and exercising.  Yes, it's a bit frustrating.  It makes me want to take desserts next time.  "Hey, I'm going to gain anyway, I may as well at least have dessert."

It's a good thing I don't pay much attention to the pounds.   Last week I was angry that I had gained.  I didn't even update my Lilyslim chart.  But after two weeks, I figured I better 'fess up.  And hope for smaller numbers next week.

I don't care about the number of pounds, but I was frustrated and tired of my inactivity.  My compulsive eating.  My sitting around and napping, and barely being able to drag myself to fix meals for the kids.  Don't even ask about my laundry these days.  And I could count on one hand the number of days since fall that my walking ladies and I have managed to squeeze in a walk.

I'm very glad to at least be caring now.  I'm not fully engaged in the whole "life" thing yet.  I'm not fully engaged in the Biggest Loser thing yet.  But I'm getting there. 

I'm glad to be paying attention to what I eat, and to be noticing that one adequately sized portion is enough. 

I'm glad to be up and moving.  To be pecking away at all the chores and projects that built up during the winter.

I'm glad to be getting together to walk with others.  And to get fresh air and sunshine.

Hopefully this new goal, the coming spring, and my increased activity will all snowball into an altogether better place of mind and body.

No comments: