Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 1 of Week 2, Couch to 5K

Even without a podcast, I managed to get the first of the week two workouts done.   I got mixed up somehow and didn't realize it until I was nearly done with my cool-down walk,  then I ran two more intervals.  I know I did the six required, but I may have done seven.

The workout is supposed to be, again, a five minutes warm-up; six intervals of 90 second jogs with 2 minute walks, then the 5 minutes cool down.  My order was totally screwy, so I'll just improvise (as I did earlier).

Today I did

  • 5 minute brisk warm-up walk @ 3.3-3.4 mph
  • four or five 90 second jogging intervals @ 4.6-4.7 mph
  • three or four 2 mintue walking intervals @ 3.3-3.4 mph
  • 5 minute cool down @ 3.3 mph at first, then gradually slowing a bit, as I cooled down.
  • two more jogging intervals, the first at a brisk 5.1 mph, the second at 4.5 mph
  • in between I added a 1 minute walk
According to the tread mill, I covered a distance of 1.84 miles and burned 237 calories total, of which 73 were fat calories.  with all the mix-up, that was 30 minutes.

Again, order to get my goal of 40 minutes, I also did
  • two sets on the Nordic rider, 50 in the pulling position, and 25 in the pushing position, each set; and
  • 8 minutes on the Gazelle, a slight variation from my normal, but still the same variation of positions.
I ended up with 45 minutes today.

Hope I can figure out my MP3 player tonight.

No comments: