Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 3 Couch to 5K

I got through week 1.  We'll;l see how week two goes.  Since my exercise partner returns from vacation on Monday and since I'm using her treadmill, I may wait until the spring weather comes to continue the Couch to 5K workouts.  I'll continue to workout in some fashion, but what method I will use remains to be seen.

But I've proven to myself I can do it and that's a big step for me.

Another thing I noticed today is that the what I had thought was seven intervals of jogging is actually eight.  I've corrected that in the previous posts.

I tried today to pick up the pace a bit.

Today I did

  • 5 minute brisk warm-up walk @ 3.4-3.5 mph
  • eight 60 second jogging intervals @ 4.9-5.0 mph (one was even at a brisk 5 mph)
  • eight 90 second walking intervals @ 3.4-3.5 mph
  • 5 minute cool down @ 3.3 mph at first, then gradually slowing a bit, as I cooled down.
According to the tread mill, I covered a distance of 1.79 miles and burned 230 calories total, of which 71 were fat calories.

Again, order to get my goal of 40 minutes, I also did
  • two sets on the Nordic rider, 50 in the pulling position, and 25 in the pushing position, each set; and
  • 9 minutes on the Gazelle, one set of 20 in each of 5 alternate positions, three sets of 30 in each of 5 alternate positions, and however in the "fast" position I needed to get the 9 minutes.  I didn't count them.

No comments: