Monday, February 14, 2011

Now It's Just the Highs

As a follow up to my previous post, I'm glad to report that, in fact, I am not worse than a couch potato.  (As if that's the penultimate negative status or something anyway.) My competitive nature was a bit fearful of starting from below that level.

I finished the full 28.5 minute workout. 

I did 
  • 5 minute brisk warm-up walk @ 3.3 mph
  • seven 60 second jogging intervals @ 4.6-4.7 mph (the last two weeks did three 0.1 mile intervals at 5.0 mph or a little faster within a 1.5-2.0 mile total)
  • seven 90 second walking intervals @ 3.3-3.4 mph
  • 5 minute cool down @ 3.3 mph at first, then gradually slowing a bit, as I cooled down.
According to the tread mill, I covered a distance of 1.74 miles and burned 224 calories total, of which 69 were fat calories.

But wait, there's more...

Since my goal of 40-45 minutes of exercise was not complete,
  • I did two sets on the Nordic rider, 50 in the pulling position, and 25 in the pushing position, each set; and
  • 7 minutes on the Gazelle, about 50 normal, then three sets of 20 in each of 5 alternate positions, and about another 50 normal.
As my girls would say, (is it from London Tipton, of Zach and Cody fame?) "Yea, me!"

No comments: