Monday, April 11, 2011

Again, Week Four

I started my third week of Week 4, Couch to 5K.  But it's good this week.  I've come to accept the fact that I need three weeks to conquer each level of progress and I suppose that's OK.  I've also pretty much stopped using the podcasts.  I just watch the clock and Connie and I visit and it goes much more quickly.

And I avoid all the stress of the "technology"involved in operating an MP3 player.  Some days it just drove me nuts.  It's probably partly my fault, since I found only one place I could conveniently hold the thing without it flying off or out, and without entangling myself in the cords.  Although women throughout the ages have used this location for any storing any number of things, the particular location, to which I must only allude, is somewhat prone to becoming a little sweaty about half-way through my work-out and the MP3 player did not like that.

Where do all the rest of you athletes store your players?

Getting back to Couch to 5K, I go through the workout just fine today and even was abl to visit through most of it.  It's amazing how much easier it is this week.

Another bonus I should point out for anyone else who is struggling to get back into shape after having been out of shape, or for anyone who is starting to work-out at forty-something, is the warm-up.  I've discovered that I can tell when my body is ready to roll and it's not always ready yet after the five minute warm-up included in the Couch to 5k program.  So I walk until I feel ready.  Then I'm much less sluggish feeling.  I don't have to force each foot to pick up and move forward.  And I have fewer aches and pains.

I didn't write down any stats.  But we were so busy talking that we exercised for an entire hour today.

No comments: