Monday, April 18, 2011

Couch to 5K, Week 5

This is my next big leap, but I can't really say I did it right this morning.  Connie and I were so busy with our visiting, that when I looked at the clock on her treadmill, it was already 15 minutes into my workout.  Some days, I'd be able to just start the interval part at that point, and just ignore the extra minutes of walking at the beginning.  But both Connie and I had other time commitments later in the morning, and I figured I better share her tread mill with her for a little bit.

The workout is supposed to be
5 minutes warm-up
5 minutes jogging
3 minutes walking
5 minutes jogging
3 minutes walking
5 minutes jogging
5 minutes cooldown

For a total of 31 minutes.  Because of my late start, I did two of the jogging intervals.  But that time I had 35 minutes of work-out done, so I worked on the other machines for another 15 minutes.

But I'm looking forward to this week's schedule.  I think I am ready to easily handle the 5 minute jogging intervals since they have a longer walking interval between.  Much more easily, even that the shorter jogs with the short walks in between.  Ugh, week four was hard.

No comments: