Friday, April 22, 2011

Day Three, Week 5, First Time Around

I finished my first try at the week five of the Couch to 5K.  I did all three days, but with lots of visiting and not so much paying attention to the clock.  I think I did the full workout today, with almost everything at the correct designated time, except that I did a 7.5 minute warm-up walk instead of the prescribed 5 minutes.

It felt good, but I confess to having developed a bad habit lately.  I think it started when I was battling with those first difficult days of the week four workout.  I have been holding on to the handlebars instead of going without.  It's much easier cardio-vascularly to pull oneself along that way, but it is kind of cheating.  I've been trying to break that habit.  Today, I tried to do at least 2/3 without, but sometimes I forgot and found myself holding on, again.

But soon we should be able to do some outdoor walks and runs.  That's perhaps more difficult to do with anther, since everyone's pace is different.  I may walk with Connie some days and do the Couch to 5K other days.  Since I'm not really following it, anyway, it's not important to keep up to any particular schedule. 

Just keep working.

No comments: