Monday, March 21, 2011

Week 3 AGAIN

Yes, I'm kind of stuck on week three.  But mostly because of non-exercise related things going on.  Last week I has house guests and my exercise partner had grandkids.

But now we're back on, except that after a week off,  I didn't want to jump right in full force.  I did 25 minutes of tread mill work during which I did two 3 minute jogs.

I also did about 10 minutes of the gazelle and only one set on the Nordic Rider.

I think it was not quite 40 minutes, but I usually round down when recording my minutes, so today I rounded up to get my 40 minutes.  Although it was not the Couch to 5K, I was definitely working hard.  I was dripping sweat when I finished.  The jogging went easier today and I could tell my body was becoming accustomed to it.

AND it's getting nicer outside.  Soon, soon, we'll be able to exercise outside.

Although there is another several inches of snow predicted for the next few days.

... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Tuesday morningthrough Wednesday evening... 
A Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Tuesday morningthrough Wednesday evening. 
* A large winter storm will impact the area starting Tuesday morning through Wednesday afternoon. 
* Look for mixed rain... snow... sleet or freezing rain to develop early Tuesday morning and then turn to all snow Tuesday evening and continue into Wednesday. 
* Significant snowfall of over eight inches is possible across the area... along with freezing rain and sleet. However... the locations and specific amounts of snow... ice and rain are not certain as low level temperatures will be critical. 
* The snow will be a wet snow and the storm will produce east winds at 15 to 30 mph. 
* Stay tuned to later forecasts for updates.
Precautionary/preparedness actions... 
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significantsnow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.

No comments: